Choose from one of these three options
Remote Desktop - Windows
Remote control a specific Outside In computer from your Windows computer at home.
Remote Desktop - Mac
Remote control a specific Outside In computer from your Mac computer at home.
VPN - Windows
Connect your Windows computer at home to the Outside In virtual private network. This allows your home computer to behave as if it were plugged in at the main office.
Remote Desktop – Windows
- Download the file rdpgeneric.rdp
- After the file called “rdpGeneric” downloads, open it
- Enter the name of your Outside In computer (example: wzi-22 or admin-14)
- Click Connect
- If presented with a security warning, check the box for “Don’t ask me again for connections to this computer
- Click Connect
- Type in your username and the same password that you use when you normally log into your computer
Steps 3 and 4
Steps 5 and 6
Remote Desktop – Mac
- Install the “Microsoft Remote Desktop 10” app from the Mac App Store
- During installation you will be prompted several times to allow the app permission to use the microphone and camera. Choose allow on all prompts.
- Contact email@example.com, we will send you an RDP file pre-configured to connect to your computer.
- Open the RDP file you receive
- When prompted for credentials type in oidomain\yourusername (for example oidomain\jayh). Your password will be the same one you use when you log in normally.
- If presented with a security warning, choose Continue
VPN – Windows Only
The VPN allows users to connect their home computers virtually to the Outside In staff network, as if the home computer was plugged in at the Main Office. This allows for actions such as browsing of Inside or accessing EPIC from the home computer without using remote desktop.
Global VPN Client 64-bit
Global VPN Client 32-bit
- Open the file and follow the prompts. You must choose to agree to the terms. Click Next to move through each window.
- When presented with the screen that reads Welcome to the New Connection Wizard, click Cancel.
- Download the file outside in vpn.rcf.
- In the the Global VPN client software, go to File -> Import…
- In the Import Connection window, click on the small box with three dots.
- Navigate to and choose the outside in vpn.rcf file you just downloaded. It is most likely in your downloads folder. Click Open.
- Click Enable to connect to the VPN. If successful, it should give a green checkmark.
EPIC over VPN
Citrix Receiver is required for using EPIC. Download Citrix Receiver. Follow the installation prompts. If presented with a window to Add Account, click Close.