Outside In Employment
Join the Outside In Team
We’ll admit it, we think Outside In is a great place to work. Oregon Business Magazine ranked us as “One of the 100 Best Nonprofits to work for In Oregon” seven times. We believe our people are our greatest asset. We offer excellent health benefits and a generous paid time off package.
We look for people who are passionate about working with a diverse population of youth experiencing homelessness and people in need of medical care.
Outside In recognizes that our clients and employees have unique experiences rooted in and affected by race, culture, gender and gender identity, age, belief systems, social class and income, sexual orientation, physical ability, and other aspects of individual identity. We acknowledge the beauty, strength, and opportunities that come from such diversity as well as the destructive and pervasive consequences that come from prejudice and oppression. We are deeply committed to dismantling overt and covert oppression, building personal and institutional diversity, and fostering inclusiveness.
Benefits at Outside In
Working at Outside In brings with it a sense of accomplishment and pride in being part of a mission that impacts people’s lives. In recognition to those that are a part of this agency, Outside In offers the following benefits to its employees.
- Medical Insurance through Kaiser Permanente starting at just $30 per month for employee only.
- Dental Insurance administered through Moda with plans starting at no cost to employees.
- 403(b) retirement plan through Valic. Employees can contribute on day one and are fully vested. Employer contribution begins after meeting minimum time in service and hours worked requirements, 3% the first year of participation, 6% thereafter.
- Long term Disability Insurance fully paid for by the employer.
- A generous Paid Time Off package starting with 18 days PTO in the first year increases every year until year 6.
- Holidays – 9 of them each year
- Flex Plans – We have three plans: Health, Dependent Care and Transportation to save you some money on taxes. In fact, to make it even better, Outside In deposits $500 annually into your health account to help cover your costs.
- Employee Assistant Program (EAP) is there to help you through life’s journey. From counseling to help finding what you need, it’s all there and better yet, it’s free for employees.
- Short Term Disability Insurance can be purchased in addition to our Banked Disability Time program to cover that gap until Long Term Disability kicks in. We hope you never have to use it but it’s nice to know it’s there if you need it.
- Employee Discount Program – Employees can go on line and take advantage of employer discounts on everything from dining to cars.
Please follow the link of the position for which you wish to apply and complete the online application.
A resume and cover letter are required. A cover letter for each position that you are interested in must be included with the application.
You must complete the online application to be considered. If you have any problems completing the application, please email HR@outsidein.org. We are unable to accept unsolicited applications.
You will hear from us. We think it is important to notify every applicant of their status. Please don’t call to follow up on your application as calls slow the process for all applicants.
As a patient at Outside In, the dignity, compassion, and respect that I was shown by staff truly had a lasting impact on me and directly resulted in me wanting to get involved in helping my community.