Meals, Housing, and Support
Outside In Day Program
Outside In’s Drop In Day Program provides services like meals and showers and helps you connect with a supportive and caring community. Join us for three healthy meals each day, enjoy a hot shower, do some laundry, check your mail, and learn about available housing options – all in a safe and affirming place.
Who is eligible
16 through 24 year-olds
1132 SW 13th Ave, Second Floor
Portland, OR 97205
Day Program Hours
|Sunday||1:00 PM – 6:00 PM|
|Monday||9:00 AM – 10:00 AM1:00 PM – 2:00 PM5:00 PM – 6:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM – 10:00 AM1:00 PM – 6:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM – 10:00 AM1:00 PM – 2:00 PM5:00 PM – 6:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM – 10:00 AM1:00 PM – 6:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM – 10:00 AM1:00 PM – 2:00 PM5:00 PM – 6:00 PM|
Services We Provide
- Enjoy breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Hot, fresh, and healthy meals that meet different dietary needs, such as gluten-free and vegan
Showers and Laundry Facilities
- Warm showers and hygiene supplies
- Laundry and laundry supplies
Mail and Internet Access
- Connect with loved ones, family members and resources
- Computer lab with Internet access
- Incoming and outgoing mail (Outside In can serve as your mailing address)
- Library of books and entertainment activities
Connections with Supportive Staff
- Connect with peers and support staff
- Safe, comfortable, and judgment-free environment
- Get assistance in your desired needs (healthcare, education and employment, etc.)
- Recreation and group activities
- Participant-centered and honors you as the expert in your life
- Individual support to identify goals and explore options
- Assistance in navigating and using resources
- Explore supervised and independent housing options
- Transitional housing facility and community housing resources available
As a patient at Outside In, the dignity, compassion, and respect that I was shown by staff truly had a lasting impact on me and directly resulted in me wanting to get involved in helping my community.
Outside In made me want to be around excellence. Outside In shaped me. It taught me how to be kind to people less fortunate.
When I came out as trans and reached out to the community for help, everyone had something good to say about Outside In.
Through these connections I was able to get into school and graduate as a Certified Medical Assistant
Through Outside In’s guidance and support, I was in my own apartment completely self-sufficient within a week.
If you met me today, you might never imagine I spent countless nights sleeping under the Burnside Bridge.
Housing at Outside In is so much more than a roof over your head. The staff is helpful and amazing. They were always there for us anticipating our needs. Finally, we weren’t hungry anymore and we were safe.
I feel safe at Outside In. I love Outside In people. How they love us, care for us. The wonderful and fresh food, the health care, the accommodations, the hospitalities. People talking to me, listening to me. Changing lives. It is a great moment.
By the time I was 17, I didn't trust anybody...except Outside In. The staff took my concerns seriously, and took a holistic approach. They protected me.