Mental Health and Substance Use Recovery Supports
Get Help for Mental Health and Substance Use
We provide mental health and substance use services for young adults. Our treatment is trauma-informed. That means we understand past trauma and how it can affect your health. We utilize a harm reduction approach to teach ways to reduce negative health consequences associated with substance use and risky behaviors that don’t require abstinence.
Who is eligible
Individuals who are screened into the Multnomah County Homeless Youth Continuum and meet diagnostic criteria.
1132 SW 13th Ave, Second Floor
Portland, OR 97205
By Appointment Only
Our unique approach
- Engagement approach focused on reducing barriers to accessing treatment
- Gender and LGBTQIA+ affirming
- Harm reduction treatment approaches
- Wrap-around supports
- Flexible options for personalized treatment
- Peer Support
The ROSE Program (Recovery Oriented Supports and Engagement)
Substance use specialists and peer mentors help you on your path to recovery without judgement or intimidation. We provide support through harm reduction, goal setting, and treatment referrals. We are focused on creating genuine connections, identifying your options, and respecting your choices. For more information, email us at ROSEInfo@outsidein.org or call 503.593.7389.
Mental Health and Substance Use Treatment
Combined care for mental health and any substance use concerns with two program options.
- Outpatient Treatment – Individual and group therapy focused on DBT (Dialectical Behavior Therapy) and Acceptance Commitment Therapy teaches mindfulness and skill building to manage emotions, distress, and interpersonal relationships. Participants are eligible to receive psychiatric medication management.
- ACT Treatment (RISE) – Our team includes substance use and mental health counseling, peer support, housing case management, employment and education support, nurse case management, and psychiatric medication management. Our providers work together using an Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) model to support you in taking the next steps in building the life that you want.
For more information, email email@example.com or call 503.354.9695.
As a patient at Outside In, the dignity, compassion, and respect that I was shown by staff truly had a lasting impact on me and directly resulted in me wanting to get involved in helping my community.
Outside In made me want to be around excellence. Outside In shaped me. It taught me how to be kind to people less fortunate.
When I came out as trans and reached out to the community for help, everyone had something good to say about Outside In.
Through these connections I was able to get into school and graduate as a Certified Medical Assistant
Through Outside In’s guidance and support, I was in my own apartment completely self-sufficient within a week.
If you met me today, you might never imagine I spent countless nights sleeping under the Burnside Bridge.
Housing at Outside In is so much more than a roof over your head. The staff is helpful and amazing. They were always there for us anticipating our needs. Finally, we weren’t hungry anymore and we were safe.
I feel safe at Outside In. I love Outside In people. How they love us, care for us. The wonderful and fresh food, the health care, the accommodations, the hospitalities. People talking to me, listening to me. Changing lives. It is a great moment.
By the time I was 17, I didn't trust anybody...except Outside In. The staff took my concerns seriously, and took a holistic approach. They protected me.