Did you know?
- $25 will help a homeless youth receive a meal, a shower, and connection to support.
- $75 will help a sick person see a doctor.
- $150 will help a youth find employment.
- $500 will help bring quality relationship-based health care to those who need it most.
- $1,500 will help a homeless youth enter college.
Outside In seeks Executive Director
The search is on for Outside In’s next Executive Director! The Board of Directors is seeking a visionary leader to build on Outside In’s track record of innovation and success. With an annual budget of nearly $12 million, Outside In provides comprehensive healthcare, transitional housing, job training, and social supports that enable homeless youth and others at the margins to improve their lives.
Founded in 1968, Outside In is known for its strength-based and trauma-informed approach, including a commitment to harm reduction. The organization is a social justice advocate and a service provider, with a strong track record of serving LGBTQ youth.
Application deadline is May 7, 2018.
Thank you, Kathy Oliver!
When Kathy Oliver came to Outside In, she wasn’t expecting to stay for 38 years. Hired as a grant writer in 1980, she became one of just five part-time staff members who were bound together by their passion for social justice. The organization’s entire annual budget was just $100,000. In the following years, Kathy worked with skill, tenacity, and creativity to lead and grow Outside In, including many ups and downs. Full Story >>