Outside In’s Diabetes Health Clinic
Open on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
1226 SW 12th Ave, Portland, OR 97205
Diabetes Health Clinic
What is it?
Outside In’s Diabetes Health Clinic is a designated space separate from our primary clinic location where patients with diabetes can complete labs and routine exams. (Located just a block away from Outside In’s downtown medical clinic)
It is important for patients with diabetes to receive regular checkups which include lab work, targeted exams, check-ins on how medications are working, and other support services that our team of nurses, social workers, and pharmacists can provide. In addition, people with pre-existing health conditions such as diabetes are at greater risk of complications if they become infected with COVID-19. Offering these appointments at our 12th Ave. location (1226 SW 12th Ave) provides patients with diabetes a safer space to receive the ongoing care they need.
Outside In’s Medical Clinic Staff provide comprehensive, compassionate health care for all patients. We are accepting new patients, and we can treat teens, adults, and senior citizens.
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9:00am to 4:00pm.
How does it work?
- Patients will first meet with a Registered Nurse (RN) to complete lab work and other health maintenance needs. This may include bloodwork (such as A1c, cholesterol, etc.), urine, vital signs (blood pressure monitoring), foot exam, and retinal photography (EyePACS).
- Social workers will be available to meet with patients (over telehealth) to discuss personal plans for diabetes management.
- Pharmacists will be available to meet with patients (over telehealth) and help with medication evaluation.
How long are appointments?
- Patients should expect their appointment to take about an hour.
How do patients make an appointment?
- We are contacting patients through our Care Message outreach program. This invites patients to call the clinic to schedule an appointment.
If you are interested in more information about the Diabetes Health Clinic or want to schedule an appointment, please call us at: (503) 535-3860.
It is because of you – our community –
that Outside In is able to save the lives of thousands of people each year.
We would love to hear from you!
Please feel free to share your thoughts, ideas, and questions with us.
We are grateful for your support!
Your support of Outside In creates health and hope for the more than 11,000 people we serve every year. We can’t say it enough: THANK YOU!