Everyone deserves access to health care
Everyone deserves to have access to health care and to be seen by compassionate medical providers who work hard to meet their patients’ medical, social, and mental health needs. Outside In is filled with gratitude, hope, and joy that next month we will be opening the doors of our new health clinic in the Rosewood Neighborhood of East Portland. We can’t wait to meet our new patients and support and empower them as they achieve their health goals. Every person is welcome at Outside In, and we will do our best to ensure that every patient knows that they matter and that they deserve health care.
A Dream Realized
Outside In’s new clinic began as a dream back in 2015 when our team began to see more and more people leaving downtown Portland and moving towards affordable housing and opportunities in east Multnomah County. We also knew that health care options for people living in Rosewood were limited and many people were going without the care they needed. When the opportunity arose to purchase property at the intersection of SE 162nd Ave and E Burnside St, just across from a busy MAX station – we began to make our dream a reality.
After ten months of construction, the facility is almost complete! Within the clinic walls, we have six patient exam rooms, six behavioral health counseling rooms, a space for patients to store their belongs and take showers, a community meeting room, and staff workspaces. We also have an outdoor courtyard meant to be a welcoming gathering space for our patients and the community.
Public Art Fosters Community Pride
We are thrilled to once again work with artist Michael Hensley on a beautiful mural for the clinic entrance. Art is powerful and beautiful, and we know that public art benefits the quality of life of community residents while helping foster community pride and a sense of belonging. We are excited to have such a visible piece of public art on display for the Rosewood community.
We have spent time meeting with people who live and work in Rosewood, and one need that has stood out is accessible health care for children and families. Many families have made Rosewood their home, and we know it is important for parents to be able to develop relationships with their medical providers – especially those who see their children. We are excited to announce that our new clinic will be a family practice, where children will be welcomed and loved and respected as part of the Outside In family.
Our Partners, Our Friends
Opening a clinic in the Rosewood Neighborhood means becoming a humble community partner. And we are grateful to be working alongside the Rosewood Initiative and continuing to champion their incredible work supporting the people who live in Rosewood. We look forward to joining with community partners to continue to advocate and lift up community needs for a safe, healthy, and vibrant neighborhood.
Thank you to our Community
It takes an enormous community of people to build and launch a brand new health clinic.
- We are grateful to our Board of Directors for supporting this dream and helping to make it a reality.
- We are grateful to our staff for always being adaptable and creative as community needs change.
- We are grateful to Clark/Kjos Architects for their beautiful and welcoming clinic design.
- We are grateful to Walsh Construction for their steadfast commitment to high quality building and being done on-time!
- We are grateful to the Klosh Group for their project management services – ensuring the project was completed on time and within budget!
- We are grateful to the Rosewood Neighborhood for trusting us to join your community, to listen to you, to value you, and to support your health care goals.
- And of course, we are grateful to our patients, clients, friends, volunteers, and donors – without your support, we simply couldn’t do what we do. We believe that health care is a human right. We believe that all people deserve compassion and dignity – and to be treated with respect. Thank you for believing that with us – and for helping show the world what compassionate, respectful health care looks like.
It is not too late to support Outside In’s new clinic. Your investment in the Rosewood Neighborhood is an investment in your community.
It is because of you – our community –
that Outside In is able to save the lives of thousands of people each year.
We would love to hear from you!
Please feel free to share your thoughts, ideas, and questions with us.
We are grateful for your support!
Your support of Outside In creates health and hope for the more than 11,000 people we serve every year. We can’t say it enough: THANK YOU!